On 15th April 2021, the main shareholder of Bank Handlowy - Citigroup - announced a new Retail Banking strategy. The Group has announced a plan to discontinue servicing retail clients in 13 markets, including Poland. This is a strategic change, and will take time to be implemented.
- Citi Handlowy’s statement on strategic shareholder’s information about planned changes in consumer banking - read
- Citigroup’s statement - read
At the same time, Citigroup underlined its plan to further support Corporate Bank and Commercial Bank Clients. Bank Handlowy remains fully committed to continuing and developing cooperation in these segments.
Here’s what the strategic decision means for Citi Handlowy retail banking clients:
- you do not need to take any action at this time,
- there is no impact as of now to your account and holdings with Citi Handlowy across all products,
- you can continue to use the Citibank Online and mobile banking services, all Citibank Banking, Credit Cards, and mortgage products, as usual,
- your loan contract is unchanged, and all repayment details remain the same,
- our banking operations in Poland, including all branches, call centers, and offices, are open as usual,
- we are committed to ensuring that customers continue to receive our award winning products and services, and we will continue to offer new products and solutions.