Top class custody services
Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A., operating under the Citi Handlowy brand, has been offering securities custody services since 1992. Then, its predecessor, Citibank (Poland) S.A., as the first bank in Poland, launched custody services as a separate product, complementary to brokerage services. Today Citi Handlowy, is the leader in the Polish market.
- Citi Handlowy has initiated various initiatives to accelerate growth and to improve the infrastructure of the Polish capital market, i.a. by being the long-standing leader of the Custodian Bank Council, affiliated to the Polish Bank Association.
- Citi Handlowy has the largest share in Poland’s custody services market – over 40 percent in terms of assets under custody and in terms of the volume and value of settled transactions in Client securities (source: Citi Handlowy).
- Our Clients are mainly foreign and local financial institutions i.a.: global custodian banks, international investment firms, investment banks, insurance companies and mutual, investment and pension funds.
- Citi Handlowy’s mission is to provide top class services by ensuring that our Clients’ assets are safe and their transactions are cleared and settled on time.
- We have highly skilled personnel and we continuously improve our services and regularly add new products for our Clients.
Under the custody services package, Citi Handlowy:
- opens and maintains bank accounts, securities accounts and omnibus accounts
- maintains securities registers
- confirms terms and conditions (in the course of so called transaction prematching)
- clears and settles securities buy/sell transactions
- provides comprehensive reporting including confirmations and statements to bank and securities/omnibus accounts
- enables Clients to execute Corporate Actions and to exercise rights connected with their securities
- provides custody services in foreign markets